Java Software Architect
About the role and what our Java Software Architect will do
We are a growing IT company that employs 35 hardworking professionals from all ages and backgrounds.
We are in search of ONE abstract thinking Java Software Architect to support our highly technical Core team. You will be working on our versatile opensource framework, a tool to quickly build messaging applications, using low code configurations. Our Frank!Framework has already been around for over 20 years, and with your help, we strive to keep expanding it for another 20 years.
This opportunity is for an IT enthusiast who likes to be challenged and wants to be part of a forward-thinking company and team. Your role will consist of the following but not limited:
- Continuously work on our established open source framework written in Java 8. The framework is used in over 500 applications. This is a different way of working as you are maintaining and working on a framework rather than building applications
- You will be challenged by our highly technical team and their abstract thinking manner
- Your day to day and tasks will vary drastically: this role is diverse and will suit an energetic individual
- You will be tasked with building new functionality in the framework which must be backwards compatible. The new functionality should not affect the applications running on the framework
- You will oversee LCM (life cycle management) of code and dependencies
- As part of your role you will conduct quality testing and deliver valuable solutions
- Ideally know about queuing systems and SOAP, XML, JSON will work to your advantage
- Plan, organize and prioritize your workload as well as reporting issues in a prompt manner.
- Work in an agile way
- Constantly working on the framework and everything involved from application servers, databases, messaging, and more. The framework is a tool for our Integration Specialists to build applications, on any platform, with any database.
The ideal candidate
- Will have graduated in Computer Science or related degree (HBO or equivalent, HBO thinking level)
- Have at least 3 years of working experience in the field of technology and worked in a similar environment
- Have good knowledge of the following tools/languages Java 8, Maven, JUnit, Spring (boot), Quartz, SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, Queuing, SQL, Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere Application Server, Git/GitHub, Eclipse, CI/CD, Docker, AWS, Azure DevOps
- Be fluent in Dutch and English
- Have strong communication skills
- Motivated self-starter but can also work well in a team
- Has an interest for new technologies and likes to research the world of technology!
We are a unique business that offers each employee tailored benefits and training. At wearefrank! we work hard to achieve the upmost with every project we deliver, giving freedom and responsibility to our employees that harnesses the trust we have in them. A no door policy and absolute transparency is what we pride ourselves in. wearefrank! has recently undergone a green environment bringing beautiful scenery to the office based in central Rotterdam. We have exceptionally low staff turnover, and this is due to our openness and assisting our employees to achieve their goals. As a business, we are always looking in areas to grow and at this given time we are working towards our Frank!Academy which will be shortly announced.
Our perks and benefits
- Salary depending on experience (negotiable)
- Lucrative Pension
- 25 days annual leave
- Attractive Bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Newly refurbished office, providing a pleasant work environment
- Business travel card
- Further personal training
- Table tennis, rooftop terrace and other relaxation area’s
- Career progression for each employee and regular feedback